Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dimplants?

I am amazed by the number of things women do to their faces.  Not that it's necessarily always a bad thing, but the latest trend, dimple "implants", has me baffled.

MSNBC found a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who claims to have placed a couple hundred dimples in the last two years.  

My younger sister has dimples, and she certainly has the personality for them.  She's a fun-loving cutie and her dimples serve her well. But that's probably because she was born with them.

Dimples are cute, don't get me wrong.  But having a doctor add dimples to your face (I'm still not even sure how they would do that), just seems frivolous and ridiculous.  It makes less sense to me than facelifts, breast implants or any other type of plastic surgery.

The procedure typically costs between $2,000 and $5,000, and takes about 10 minutes under local anesthesia. It can look artificial while it heals, which takes from one week to one month, but then it will look like a natural dimple whenever the patient smiles.

I don't know. That's pretty pricey for attempting to make yourself look more "cutesy".

My thoughts? If you want an extra hole in your face, get a piercing.

[tip: Daily Beauty]
[image: getty images]

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved