Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3D Holographic Nail Polish?

This whole idea sounded a little crazy to me.  Milani's newest 3D Holographic nail polish claims to "exhibit a unique 3D Holographic effect that no other nail lacquer has ever achieved". So of course I had to try it.  It sounds like magic nail polish to me.  And who doesn't want magical polish on their nails?

I ended up buying the pink and purple shades (of course).  In the bottle they looked like normal glitter nail polishes.  And when I applied the polish to my nails, there certainly wasn't anything magic going on.  My nails didn't experience anything that they hadn't experienced before, as Miliani had claimed.

That said, I do love the polish.  I just don't like the way it was marketed.  The polish is actually really great.  It's well-pigmented, which is rare for glittery nail polish.  After two coats, I had opaque-ish glittery nails that were very pretty.

At $5 a bottle, I think the purchase is worth it.  Just don't expect a "3D Holographic" effect.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved